October 2021 Financial Checklist
It’s early October, which means we’ve officially entered spooky season! Don’t worry, your favorite financial checklist is here to help.
1. Lock up and charge up for a Halloween Horror Movie Marathon
There’s no better way to spend Halloween than curling up on the couch with a bowl of popcorn handy while flipping through a bunch of horror movie classics.
And what makes it so much spookier is watching it in HD! But before you do that, be sure to check your current internet plan first to make sure it allows high definition streaming so you don’t end up chewing up your data.
2. Avoid beginner traps
With COVID restrictions about to ease, you might want to get out of town. But before you hit the road, first make sure your auto insurance policy is in order to avoid any unexpected surprises.
You might even want to consider getting roadside assistance while you’re at it. The last thing you would want is to collapse in the middle of nowhere and become the main character of a horror movie, right? Okay, we’re laughing, we’re laughing! But seriously, prevention is better than cure!
3. Banish your bad credit
If your lousy credit score limits your style, then now is the time to get it in shape. There are a lot of things you can do to help heal your credit score, but a good place to start is to erase any unpaid debt.
If you have accumulated multiple debts, you might consider taking out a debt consolidation loan. With a debt consolidation loan, you can merge all of your debts into one loan – that way you only have to worry about one interest rate, instead of having to pay interest on it. each individual debt.
4. Arm yourself with the ultimate secret weapon: the financial burrito
If you’re a podcast fan (or looking to become one!) Here’s what’s on the agenda lately:
Ep. # 42: Your Money News: University students cheat and employees cash in while the WFH!
Here are some of the juicy new finance topics your favorite podcast hosts are talking about this week:
- University students are paid to admit to cheating
- In the United States, people profit from working from home by having two jobs
- Paralympian gets paid nada for winning gold medal
Ep. # 43: What do you do if Keanu Reeves slips into your DMs and your online purchase package doesn’t show up?
Here’s what Tom and Liv are talking about in this ep Your Money News:
- Why Australia Post has suspended deliveries
- Prepare your home insurance policy during storm season
- Did anyone say an eight-day work year ?! (Yes, you read that right)
- Has Keanu Reeves recently slipped into your DMs? Flash info: it could be a scam!
Ep. # 44: Crazy money rushes and borrowers lie about their mortgage deeds
In Episode 44, get ready to learn all about:
- The Rise of Lying Loans: Why Australians are beautifying their income statements and telling white lies to secure a mortgage
- New Zealand company pledges $ 100,000 to enthusiastic crowd in mad rush for cash
- Why Apple is under investigation for its monopoly on mobile payments
Ep. # 45: Let’s talk about how climate change is affecting the real estate market
Here’s what’s on the menu for episode # 45:
- A recent Reserve Bank of Australia report found that climate change has directly increased the number of high-risk properties in Australia
- Streaming service war: providers fighting for our attention and our money
- Find out why Australians are being encouraged to consume more broken avo
- 70% of millionaires fear leaving their kids too much money, according to The Motley Fool
5. Make craftsmanship your superpower this Libra season.
It’s true what they say, you know? That very few can resist the charm of Libra. And according to our Mozo Magic 8-ball, by honing your natural sense of craftsmanship this year, you could make some serious career progress, Libra.
The Mozo Magic 8-ball also suggests that you take extra care with your finances this year, Libra. Why not download a nifty budgeting and savings app to help you track your spending?
That’s all for now, folks! We hope you’re having a happy Halloween and eating way too many lollipops! We’ll get back to you here next month for your November 2021 financial checklist. Until then, you can check out our life and money hub.